Looking for a FUN digital activity that’s Appropriate for Upper Grades or your older students? (Upper Elementary, Middle School, High School or Secondary) This digital Goal Setting activity is perfect for Back to school as a First Day Activity | First Week Activity. This digital activity is also perfect at the start of a New Term | Semester or even the New Year! Whether you are teaching in a Distance Learning classroom, Hybrid setting, social distanced or a traditional classroom setting… This digital product integrates seamlessly!
The One Word Collaborative quilt begins with students selecting a One Word Resolution or Goal they would like to focus on for the new term, of the coming school year. Students can select from a list of words, or use a fun Digital word search to decide! Students then complete a word work page to better understand the meaning of their word, and brainstorm scenarios and steps to bringing their word to life.
Once their word has been selected students will pick from 1 of the 4 EASY to use templates to create a digital illustration of their word. Students can also complete the Figurative language page where they explain why they selected the pictures that symbolize their word.
This illustrated “piece” will then become their part of a COLLABORATIVE Class Poster or Quilt as I like to refer to it! The coolest part about this Digital Quilt is that it can be printed off along with the kit I’ve included to create an ACTUAL Bulletin Board for your classroom, OR you can save the Digital Quilt along with my editable templates to create a DIGITAL bulletin board (using the student’s work) that you can insert into your VIRTUAL Classrooms!
The templates I’ve created allow students to simply use a place holder for the image meaning they won’t need to worry about croppings or sizing their pictures to fit the slide! SO EASY AND FUN! This product was created in Google Slides and can easily be edited or assigned in Google Classroom or other digital learning platforms.
This Digital Product Includes:
- Instructions & Tips for using this product in a Distance Learning Setting
- Instructions & Tips for using this product in your classroom
- A Collaborative Google Slide etiquette & Page that students must initial before starting activity
- A student instruction page with tutorials on how to complete the activity
- Completed examples
- 4 Different Digital Quilt Piece Templates for you or students to pick from
- Word List & Digital Word Search for Deciding on the One Word Goal
- 2 Printable Quilt Piece Templates
- 24 Editable & Printable Bulletin Board Kit Slides
- 2 Digital Bulletin Board Templates
- 5 Different Class Size Quilt Options