This product includes everything you need to set-up Literature Circles or Book Clubs in your classroom. These editable forms can be used digitally through your Google Drive or printed off and in a Literature Circle Binder. Along with these forms and templates, I’ve included instructions and step by step notes for how I use these Book Club Templates. If you’ve ever wanted to start literature circles in your classroom but weren’t sure how, or have tried but felt your groups lacked the rigor or motivation to be successful… This product is the perfect starting point.
We all have something we do really well as a teacher, something we consider our niche… For me setting up Literature Circles and Guided Reading Rotations were just that. Literature Circles, in particular, can be such a powerful force for reading comprehension and motivation in the classroom. However, they are often set up without the support necessary or avoided altogether.
- Brainstorming & Suggestion Page for Determining your Literature Circle Commonality
- A page to reflect on and rate books used from past Literature Circle
- This is a huge help come the following year!
- A page to divide students based on reading levels
- A page to divide students based on reading level, and the student’s book choice
- A page to help you calculate the reading assignment for each week
- A page to record the weekly reading assignments for each group
- A page to record student completion of reading making grading a cinch
- And finally, a reflection page that can be used as a group, individually, weekly, or at the end of each literature circle group run.
This product can be used and implemented in grades as young as elementary looking to study novels, to your middle school upper grades and High School Students. This product will act as a support and guide as you set up literature circles in your classroom. Best part about these forms is that you do the calculations once and then the information and implementation from these forms can be used for YEARS to come. Making your life as a teacher easier!
As always I LOVE to hear from you! Just launched an Instagram and Facebook account and in the process of launching www.onlemonlane.com! If you enjoyed this product you will love the EXCLUSIVE member-only content available in the digital resource library at On Lemon Lane. Subscription is FREE and easy-peasy, Lemon squeezy!
Can’t wait, THANKS!
Make sure to follow Teaching on Lemon Lane to stay up to date on new products, sales, and of course FREEBIES!